This book covers some portions of our CONDENSED - Home Inspection Report Generator and On-Site Checklist. The condensed version is mainly for use by non-professional home inspectors to assist them with inspecting real estate. Professional home inspectors use our NARRATIVE - Home Inspection Report Generator and On-Site Checklist. Contact us if you would like to purchase our Narrative - Home Inspection Report Generator and On-Site Checklist if you are interested in doing professional home inspections on any real estate property.
- The brand name of the heating system installed is _______________________________________________.
- The fuel for the heating system is (gas/oil/electricity)_____________________________________________.
- The overall BTU capacity of the heating system is _______________________________________________.
- The age of the heating system is approximately (#)__________ ears. The life expectancy is generally (#)__________ years for this type of heating system.
- The last date of service/repairs for the heating system was ________________________________________.
- The ceiling and walls around the heating system should have a covering of sheet-metal or 5/8 inch fireproof sheetrock to help prevent the spread of fires in this area. The fireproof covering is (y/n)__________ installed.
- The flue pipe sections are in (G/A/F/P)_______________ condition. The joints at the connecting sections do (y/n)__________ have the required screws to keep them in place. The flue pipe does (y/n)__________ have the required upward pitch. These are all required items that must be installed. The flue pipe is used to safely discharge the carbon monoxide and other products of combustion that are caused by gas and oil fired burners. These gases must be safely discharged from the house. They are LETHAL GASES!!
- The flue pipe is (y/n)__________ within 4 inches of any combustible material, such as wood. A minimum clearance of 4 inches is required to help prevent fires.
- The heating system is operated by (#)__________ zone(s). A zone is an area of the house with a separate thermostat which can have a different setting. Having more than one heating zone is more energy efficient.
- The heating system was tested by turning up all zone thermostats to engage the heating system for about (#)________ minutes. All radiators/registers did (y/n)_______ operate properly during the testing by getting warm.
- The emergency shutoff switch did (y/n)__________ operate properly when tested. This is used to shut the system off during repairs and for emergencies by overriding the thermostat control.