- Gas Fired Heating Systems:
- There is (y/n)__________ a required gas shutoff valve within 6 feet of the burner for safety to shut off the fuel. The purpose of this is to be able to shut off the flow of gas if it is necessary. This is different from the emergency shutoff switch because it does not turn off the burner, it only shuts off the gas supply.
- The gas feed lines do (y/n)__________ appear to be made of approved piping. The gas lines MUST have approved black iron gas piping for the feed lines and not copper or other materials that are not approved to carry gas fuel.
- The burner flames were (y/n)__________ able to be checked for proper color and height. They should be checked periodically and should be as blue as possible with very little yellow or orange color. Too much yellow or orange color means that the fuel and air mixture needs to be adjusted.
- The inspector was (y/n)_______ able to view the heat exchanger. There were (y/n)_______ signs of excessive rust or cracks in the visible and accessible areas. Sealed systems cannot be fully inspected due to lack of access.
- The draft diverter hood at the base of the flue pipe is in (G/A/F/P)_______________ condition. It is used to keep downdrafts in the chimney from blowing out the pilot light and to help keep the heat inside the boiler or furnace while the carbon monoxide is removed.