- Heat Pump Heating Systems:
- The Owner or Realtor stated that the heat pump unit does (y/n)__________ eat the house adequately in the cold months.
- Heat pumps cannot be tested in both the heating and the air-conditioning modes during an inspection. Doing so can damage the compressor unit. When it is working properly in one mode, then it is an indication that the most important and costly parts are operating properly.
- The age of the compressor unit is approximately (#)__________ ears. The life expectancy of a compressor is about 10 to 12 years, depending upon the amount of usage and maintenance given to the system over the years.
- The compressor is (y/n)__________ resting on a sturdy, level foundation, like concrete. Uneven installations can cause premature failure of the compressor because it will be leaning to one side while operating.
- The compressor was (y/n)__________ making unusual noises while it was operating. Abnormal or unusual noises while operating will indicate repairs may be needed.
- There is (y/n)__________ a required exterior service disconnect switch next to the compressor for emergency and repairs shut off.
- There was (y/n)__________ adequate ventilation around the compressor unit for the air intake and blower fan to operate properly. All trees and bushes should be pruned away at all times and there should be no obstructions overhead.
- The compressor coils were (y/n)__________ clean when checked. The coils need to be cleaned periodically for proper maintenance and operation of the system.