- The visible plumbing lines and joints were in (G/A/F/P)_______________ condition. There were (y/n)__________ signs of excessive rust or leaks that need to be further evaluated by a licensed plumbing contractor. The types of plumbing line materials used in housing construction include: Copper, Brass, Galvanized Iron, Lead, PVC, and Cast Iron. The visible supply plumbing lines are made of ___________________________. The visible drainage plumbing lines are made of ___________________________________________________.
- The visible portion of the water main entry line is made of _________________________. The main water line is (y/n)__________ securely fastened to the wall to help prevent damage to the plumbing joints.
- The water main shutoff valve is in (G/A/F/P)_______________ condition. This valve does (y/n)__________ appear to be in proper working order. This valve is used to turn off all of the water entering the house in case of an emergency or if any repairs are being performed. The main shutoff valve cannot be tested during a home inspection due to the possibility of it becoming rusty over time and if tested it can "freeze" in the on or off position, or possibly leak.
- There is (y/n)__________ a water meter reading device installed on the main water line. This is used by the utility company to calculate the water usage bill for the homeowner.
- There is (y/n)__________ an electrical grounding wire on the water main line for the electrical system. This is a very important safety item and must not be disconnected or rusty!! The grounding wire and clamps must be checked periodically for any rust or corrosion. The purpose of this wire is to ground the electrical system for safety. The grounding wire does (y/n)__________ span the water meter and shutoff valve. The grounding wire should be clamped on both sides of the water meter and the shutoff valve with a "jumper cable" for safety.
- There is (y/n)__________ a pressure reducing valve installed by the water meter. This valve is generally found in areas where the municipal water system has very good pressure from the street water lines.
- During the interior inspection, the inspector spot checked the water pressure and drainage by briefly running the faucets. The water pressure and drainage was (y/n)__________ in proper working order. The client was (y/n)__________ resent to view this testing.