Gas Utility Service
- The subject property reportedly is (y/n)__________ connected to local gas utility lines in the street. When there is no gas service in the building, you should determine from the local utility company whether or not it is available and what costs are involved in having gas service installed in the house. Installing gas service can be a major expense to the homeowner.
- The gas meter is located __________________________________________________. The gas meter and visible gas lines are in (G/A/F/P)_______________ condition. There are (y/n)__________ signs of excessive, loose and/or leaking gas lines. The visible gas lines are made of ___________________________ and do (y/n)_______ appear to be an approved type of gas piping. All gas service lines should be approved black iron gas piping. Any loose, leaking, excessive rusting conditions, or unapproved types of metals being used for gas feed lines must be evaluated by a licensed contractor to make any necessary repairs to bring the gas lines up to the building codes.
- There is (y/n)__________ a main shut-off valve near the gas meter for safety. This is used to shut-off the gas supply for repairs or in case of an emergency. If you smell or detect any gas leaks in the house, immediately contact the local utility company to make repairs. Leaking gas will explode so do not take any chances!!
- There is (y/n)_________ Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) tank(s) noted on the site at the time of the inspection. The LPG gas tank(s) is in (G/A/F/P)_______________ condition. There are (y/n)_________ signs of excessive rust or corrosion. The tank(s) does (y/n)__________ appear to be properly level on a sturdy foundation. Any problem condition must be checked out a reputable LPG contractor for safety. It is recommended that you check with town hall to make sure all valid permits and approvals are on file for the existence of any LPG tank(s) on the site.
- Do not bring any gas tanks into the house, such as, exterior barbecue tanks or automobile gas cans. Barbecue gas tanks are under extreme pressure, similar to scuba diving tanks. If they ever exploded they could blow up the entire building and everyone in it!!