This book covers some portions of our CONDENSED - Home Inspection Report Generator and On-Site Checklist. The condensed version is mainly for use by non-professional home inspectors to assist them with inspecting real estate. Professional home inspectors use our NARRATIVE - Home Inspection Report Generator and On-Site Checklist. Contact us if you would like to purchase our Narrative - Home Inspection Report Generator and On-Site Checklist if you are interested in doing professional home inspections on any real estate property.
- The kitchen walls and floors are in (G/A/F/P)_______________ condition. There are (y/n) __________ signs of structural problems or abnormal settlement cracks that need further evaluation by a licensed contractor.
- The kitchen floor covering is in (G/A/F/P)_______________ condition. The floor covering is made of _____________________________________________________________________.
- The kitchen cabinets are in (G/A/F/P)_______________ condition. The cabinets are (y/n)__________ securely fastened to the walls and/or floor. It is recommended that the homeowner install child guards on the cabinets and drawers if there are any children in the home.
- The kitchen countertop is in (G/A/F/P)_______________ condition. The countertop is (y/n)__________ securely fastened.
- The kitchen faucet was tested and there was (y/n)__________ adequate hot water. There were (y/n)__________ leaks in the faucet and/or underneath the sink. There is (y/n)__________ a properly operating spray attachment in the sink area.
- There was (y/n)__________ water filter device connected to the kitchen sink water lines. A water filter device is highly recommended for health reasons.
- There are (y/n)__________ an adequate number of outlets for modern usage in the kitchen. The outlets do (y/n)__________ have the required three prongs with GFCI protection for safety.
- The Owner or Realtor stated that the appliances are (y/n)__________ being sold with the house. The appliances were (y/n)__________ spot checked for proper operation. The inspector cannot properly evaluate appliances during a limited time inspection. All owners manuals and operating instructions should be obtained from the Owner.