Floors and Stairs
- The floors are (y/n)__________ in sound structural condition. There are (y/n)__________ signs of sagging or uneven sections due to abnormal structural settlement.
- There are (y/n)__________ finished hardwood floors noted in the rooms. The hardwood floors are in (G/A/F/P)_______________ condition where visible.
- There are (y/n)__________ carpets noted in the rooms. The carpets are in (G/A/F/P)_______________ condition. The inspector was (y/n)__________ able to check underneath the corner of some of the carpeting and/or in the closets to determine what type of flooring is underneath. ____________________________ flooring was noted underneath the carpets and/or in the closets.
- If the Owner has any pets it is recommended that all carpets be fumigated or removed prior to taking possession of the house. This will prevent the possibility of moving-in and finding fleas in the carpeting.
- All staircases are (y/n)__________ sturdy and the steps do (y/n)__________ have even and safe stair heights to help prevent tripping hazards. All stairs over two steps in height do (y/n)__________ have secure handrails for safety. All handrails do (y/n)__________ have closely spaced posts to help prevent children from falling through the railings. There are (y/n)__________ light fixtures and light switches at the top and bottom of all stairways for safety.
- All windows at the base of staircases must have a sill height of at least 36 inches above the floor. This will help prevent someone from falling through the window in the event of a fall down the stairs. If the sill is less than 36 inches high, a window guard must be installed as a precautionary measure.