- There is (y/n)__________ a chimney for the subject property.
- The chimney(s) is (y/n)__________ leaning. Any leaning conditions indicate a serious structural problem where they chimney may need to be rebuilt.
- The chimney(s) is in (G/A/F/P)_______________ condition. There were (y/n)__________ signs of maintenance and repairs being needed due to the exposure to the elements.
- The mortar joints are in (G/A/F/P)_______________ condition. There is (y/n)__________ evidence that they need to be re-pointed. "Re-pointing" refers to putting more cement in the joints mortar joints. The mortar joints between the construction materials need to be checked periodically for deterioration problems to help prevent water penetration.
- The chimney(s) is (y/n)__________ made of metal materials. The metal chimney materials noted are in (G/A/F/P)_______________ condition. Metal chimneys need to be checked periodically for rust and water leaks.
- There is (y/n)__________ an antenna attached to the chimney or the roof. The connections of an antenna must be kept caulked so that water will not enter the house. If there is cable TV in the house and the antenna is no longer in use, then it should be removed. Antennas add stress to the roof and chimney when they move around in the wind, which can create water leaks.
- The chimney(s) lining was (y/n)__________ visible from vantage points on the subject property. There is (y/n)__________ a weather cover noted above the top of the chimney stack to prevent water from entering the flue. There is (y/n)__________ a screen noted over the top of the flue stack to prevent animals, such as squirrels, raccoons and birds, from entering the flue.