- The siding on a house is used to provide weather protection. The siding does not support the building structurally, unlike a load bearing wall which does give structural support to the house.
- The siding installed on the house is made of __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________. It is in (G/A/F/P)_______________ condition. There are (y/n)__________ signs of rapidly aging and damaged areas of the siding.
- The average life expectancy of this type of siding is (#)__________ ears. The life expectancy of all siding depends upon many factors, some of which are the quality of the siding, the quality of the installation, the climate and exposure to the elements and the maintenance given to the siding over the years.
- The siding does (y/n)__________ need to be painted or stained at this time. Painted wood will have a more uniform appearance but needs more maintenance. Stained wood will have spotty areas due to the wood absorbing the stain unevenly in some sections. However, staining wood will last a lot longer than painting wood.
- All joints around windows and doors do (y/n)__________ appear to be caulked properly to help prevent water penetration and increase energy efficiency.
- All areas of the siding are (y/n)__________ at least 8 inches above the soil all around the structure. This is required to help prevent termite and rot problems.