Entrances, Steps and Porches
- All accessible entrances, steps and porches are determined to be in (G/A/F/P)_______________ condition. There is (y/n)__________ evidence of structural problems.
- The landing platform(s), which is the area in front of doors, does (y/n)__________ have a large enough space to safely open the door while someone is standing there. This is required to help prevent someone from being knocked down the steps when the door is opened.
- There are (y/n)__________ handrails for all stairs that are more than two steps in height. The handrails are (y/n)__________ loose and/or decayed. Handrails must be installed when not noted and maintained periodically to prevent any tripping hazards.
- The steps do (y/n)__________ have uneven and/or damaged sections that require repairs at this time. All steps must have an even and uniform height and be properly maintained so that there are no tripping hazards.
- There are (y/n)__________ wood stairs with the wood base resting directly on the soil. When wood stairs are noted, the base of the wood should be resting on concrete pads above the soil. This will help prevent rot and termite infestation.